Transition Towns attempt in their local area to find, support and create positive projects for change. Reskilling people to rely less on oil, in a low-carbon economy, reducing their personal carbon footprint, and rebuilding a sense of community.
Transition Town Poole Meeting Dates
- We meet occasionally.
- Abundance Apple juicing in Poole High Street Sat 8th October 2016, 10-3. Come and find us outside the Spire Wesley’s Café in the High Street.
Please contact Andy H on 01202 389782 for details.
Some of our key projects;
Transition BH Green Drinks
An informal opportunity to talk about green issues with likeminded folk. See Facebook .
- 11th Oct 2016 – Chaplins (529 Christchurch Rd, Boscombe, BH1 4AG)
- 8th Nov 2016 – Smugglers Run (184 Ashley Road, Poole, BH14 9BY)
- 13th Dec 2016 – BH Green Drinks Festive Feast!
We are currently working especially on the following projects;
- Abundance – cropping fruit and nuts that might otherwise be wasted
- Renewable Energy – Poole Tidal Energy Partnership- community bidding for funding
- Food issues - consumer co-op, and supporting local small businesses and food producers
- Transition Together – small groups of friends exploring potential change (Transition BH link)
- Turner’s Nursery – a wild area in Upper Parkstone that has been planted up as a wildlife-friendly community orchard
but please also check on the right the ideas and other projects we are working on and keen to pursue
If you live, work or play in Poole, you are invited to join the group, or just to take some of our ideas and apply them to your own life. We are part of the Transition BH hub, with other groups in Bournemouth, Christchurch, Wimborne and Purbeck.
We have a Google group, which allows members to share ideas, http://groups.google.com/group/transition-poole